Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23 - 3am...

July 23 – 3:00am
It's 3am. Do you know where your kids are? Or your parents for that matter? I've been waiting for that 3am phone call and it hasn't come to me, so I guess I'm not Presidential material. Anyway, packing is done and it's time to get a little rack. I would have finished earlier, but I was packing into our largest suitcase. After finishing, it weighed 65 lbs. Oops – limit is 50lb. So had to repack into two smaller bags; the good news is there will be less carryon.
Wide awake at 7:30am to finish taking care of last minute chores (like washing dishes, watching the Tour de France, eating breakfast, taking out the trash). Our ride to the airport arrives promptly at 10am. The first leg of our flight (to O'Hare in Chicago) leaves at 1:49PM so we have plenty of time to burn. Over a nice lunch we realize that we left a tomato and sliced avocado on the kitchen counter – ugh! That would be nasty to come home to. I visualize a giant anthill in the kitchen or worse yet this giant pulsating black mold when we get back, so I make a phone call to the neighbor to have him go in the house and take care of things. We head to the boarding gate – our flight is delayed 20 minutes. What can I say – it's O'Hare.

1 comment:

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Yeah for Ohare! I have run through that airport more than once to be delayed! :)