Saturday, August 9, 2008

August 9 - at sea on our way to Copenhagen

August 9 – at sea on our way to Copenhagen
Calm seas with a little wind, overcast but not raining. I am sore – not in my legs, but my arms, just like the guide said. I'm better after getting up and about and eating breakfast. I may not walk today – there are a lot of shipboard activities today. Claudia teaches two classes, there are a couple of speakers we really want to hear, a big buffet lunch, so time is at a premium...
Claudia and I have had a full day so far. She taught her piano class this morning, we went to the two lectures (one on Islamic Extremism, the other from a gold and bronze medal winner in women's swimming at the 1976 Montreal Olympics where the East German women looked like men because of their steroid use). The lunch, an art class, and for me a one and a half mile walk sqeezed in before Claudia's next class. In class I am able to start writing the blog. The skies have cleared, the wind has picked up to 20-25kn (add the ship speed of 15 kn and you're walking
against a 35-40kn wind – which made my 1 ½ mile walk seem like three). The seas have picked up to 6-10 feet now so you can feel the ship pitch a little.
After class, we have just enough time to eat dinner, shop for some souvenirs, and catch the evening stage show.
Just another day in paradise.

No comments: