Friday, December 24, 2010

December 24, 2010

A smoother ride overnight so we slept well. Got up early to go for my morning walk around the Promenade Deck. As I opened the door, I was greeted by a soaking deck and a blast of 40mph drizzle in my face – I went to the gym and used a treadmill for the 2 miles. Would rather walk around the deck but was a little treacherous this morning. Later I noticed that the exits are roped off so the deck is closed. Wonder why…

Breakfast buffet on the Lido Deck – omelet, chicken sausage, hash browns, toast, grapefruit, salmon, papaya, mango (I like the mango!), and green tea.
Claudia’s piano class at 9am, so I did a couple of crosswords; afterward chatted with the golf pro (who played on the same course where my parents were members as I was growing up), and the pastor’s wife. We have a midnight Christmas service tonight.

Claudia has another class at 4:45pm today, but we’ll go to tea time at 3:30pm. We watched the rebroadcast of one of the speakers we missed yesterday (she was teaching), and we’ll watch again for this morning’s speaker.

Off to lunch. Artichoke & shrimp salad, Cioppini (shrimp, scallops, salmon, and white fish, in a stew). Outside the dining room is a display of Christmas desserts and a three foot high gingerbread house.

There’s not much going on outside as the seas are rough (20 foot?) and we are in and out of rain squalls. Next up – tea time, and then Claudia’s 4:45pm piano class.

Evening dinner (Caesar salad, roast duck, cherries jubilee) and show. Then rest for a bit before heading to the midnight Christmas church service. Then nighty-night time.

No comments: