Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010

Another day of pretty clear weather, and one of inactivity for me as I have started to come down with a cold. Lots of liquid, a nap in the morning, watched a movie in the stateroom, off to lunch (great roast beef sandwich!!), and had a chance to talk to the ventriloquist on board for some of the entertainment. We talked for probably 15 minutes, so it was interesting to understand how he’ll do a performance. 
He uses an outline and he has a number of jokes from his life experiences that he can insert depending on the audience and how well things are going. He has a surprise character for tonight’s New Years Eve party. I wish I felt better because I would have liked to see it, but I have decided because of my cold, not to attend. Also, I am not in the mood for dressing up as tonight is one of the “formal” nights on the ship. Seeing in the new year has not been a high priority for me for as long as I can remember anyway. I’d just as soon go to bed early. 
What I am planning is to do laundry when the others are celebrating – I’m hoping I am the only one with this brilliant idea… No pictures today.

No comments: